The Glendullan distillery started life in 1897 when it was built by the Aberdeen blender and broker William Williams who had also signed an exclusivity deal with nearby Glenfiddich. Williams merged with Greenlees Brothers and was absorbed within DCL in 1925. A second distillery was built next door in 1972 and run in tandem with the original site. In 1985, the original plant was closed and ‘Glendullan 2’ now provides liquid for blends and the Singleton of Glendullan brand which was launched in 2007 as an exclusive for the North American market. This expression of Glendullan is a limited edition bottling to commemorate the distillery’s centenary. It is a 16-year-old whisky. Each bottle has a list of all the people working at the distillery in 1998.
Glendullan's 'The Centenary Bottling' has aromas that are punchy and interestingly grassy, reminiscent of cut cactus and newly cut grass. The flavour come through somewhat sweeter with significant flavours of lemon and grapefruit. The palate on this whisky is extremely clean, sleek and elegant.