Looking to avoid postage charges or take a few more bottles? Our 15-bottle cases are the answer! Click Here

250 Points worth £2.50 when you Register with Exel Wines & Collect more Points with each Purchase. Click Here to Get Started!

L.A.S. Vino CBDB (Chenin Blanc Dynamic Blend) 2016 (1x 75cl)

The 2015 vintage was awarded 92 points and Highly Recommended status by Decanter (www.decanter.com) in their December 2017 edition review of Margaret River (Australia) (see blue link below).

LAS Vino CBDB 2015 - Dec 2017 Decanter review

LAS Vino is the creation of Nic Peterkin, son of Mike Peterkin of Pierro winery and Shelley Cullen, Vanya Cullen's sister. Nic did a Masters in Oenology and, after vintages in the Napa Valley, Mexico, Portugal and Mendoza, started his own label. LAS refers to the Luck of the weather, the Art of creating and the Science that underpins this creativity. The result is a small quantity of high quality, hand-made wines. The packaging is as impressive as the wine: bottled in dark French glass and sealed with wax, it is finished with the striking, hand drawn labels. The wines fulfil Nic's stated aim: to make interesting wines with minimum intervention but within the bounds of science.

Fruit for the CBDB comes from 30-year-old vines planted in vineyards in the Willyabrup region. Located in the heart of Western Australia's renowned Margaret River wine region, Willyabrup is surrounded by open water on three sides and the vineyards are swept by cool sea breezes blowing in from the Indian and Southern Oceans, retaining the aromatic perfume of the grapes. The gravel subsoil ensures good drainage, while the high clay content enables good water retention throughout the summer aiding vine development. The vines are VSP trained.

The 2016 growing season saw above average rainfall late in the winter, followed by more in early spring, increasing soil moisture. This, combined with warmer than average October temperatures, resulted in higher than normal vine vigour. The growing period was milder, which favoured the earlier ripening varieties - overall it was a long and cool vintage which resulted in leaner, more elegant wines with excellent complexity.

All grapes were hand picked on the same day, in the early cool hours of the morning, then chilled to preserve finesse and aroma. The fruit was then hand sorted and cold pressed as whole bunches. The juice was left to settle and ferment naturally. Once fermentation began, 30% of the wine was transferred to Clayer vessels with the remaining 70% in third use French oak with monthly lees stirring. The wine received partial malolactic fermentation to increase complexity and was then rested for 11 months.

This wine is pale straw in colour. Complex aromas including peach blossom, honeysuckle and citrus are combined with subtle honey, almond and tropical fruit notes. It is full-bodied and almost creamy on the palate with touches of lemon, lime and honey. The finish lingers with hints of lemon meringue.

Bottle Size: 75cl
Country: Australia
Region: Western Australia
Grape Variety: Chenin Blanc | Viognier | Sauvignon Blanc
Vegan: Yes
Delivery: Usually ships in 5-10 working days
Product Code: AUWS0180B16S
£32.70