Looking to avoid postage charges or take a few more bottles? Our 15-bottle cases are the answer! Click Here

250 Points worth £2.50 when you Register with Exel Wines & Collect more Points with each Purchase. Click Here to Get Started!

Poliziano Rosso Di Montepulciano 2016 (1x 75cl)

"My choices have been inspired by a passion for agriculture and the real excitement of imagining and conceiving a vine, a grape, a wine, and of watching them come to be after caring for them closely every step of the way.All this, combined with the fortunate surge in wine consumption, has contributed to the ascent of Estate Poliziano. My objective for the future is to consolidate the distinctive character of the wines that will be produced from my new vineyards.To this end, I am dedicated to a continual and passionate search for every possibility of improving the quality of my wines." Federico Carletti of Poliziano

The vines that are used to create this wine are planted at an altitude of 220-300 metres above sea level with various exposures. The soil is soft clay, slightly skeletal and the vines are planted with a 5,000 – 6,000 density per hectare.

Harvest is done by hand. Fermentation takes place in conical stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature with pressing and pump over techniques. The wine is then allowed to mature. 20% of the wine is aged in second use oak barriques for 8 months. The remaining 80% is aged in stainless steel vats.

This wine has a jammy, peony and violet nose. There is a nice freshness in addition to well integrated tannins. Very food friendly!

This wine is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

Bottle Size: 75cl
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Grape Variety: Sangiovese
Vegan: Yes
Delivery: Usually ships in 5-10 working days
Product Code: ITTU0110B16S