Quinta do Vallado, established in 1716, is one of the oldest and most famous "Quintas" in the Douro Valley. It once belonged to the legendary Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to her descendents. It lies on both banks of the Corgo River, a tributary of the Douro river, near its mouth, close to the town of Peso da Régua.
Quinta do Vallado´s 70 ha of vineyards are for the most planted in south and west facing slopes of slate soil, excellent for an optimum ripening of the grapes, taking advantage of the Mediterranean climate. Two thirds of the vineyards are planted in terraces with a single row of vines, pruned according to the double cordon system.
To see an excellent information and tasting note which has been produced by the team at Quinta do Vallado, please click on the blue link below.
Quinta do Vallado Douro Red 2017 - fiche technique